Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is forty enough, Michelle?

http://grannyhangers.com/Home_Page_V7GR.html




Okay, so, I went to the Sip-N-Shop and, boy, that was an eye-opener. It wasn't particularly well attended but it was worth being there because I learned a lot. Other vendors had lots of thoughts and notions regarding Internet selling, which was enlightening and valuable, and I did a fair amount of market research. I also discovered that if you ask people questions a lot of them will give you answers.


I did a lot of listening...


I sold three grannyhangers and no one threw any at me. I didn't get a single negative review. And I was right about it being a very small niche item because the people who bought one didn't need an explanation of what it was, they knew what it was, and no one gave me grief about the price. That was good to learn. I thought I was in the right range with that and now I know I am.


So, I can sell it. What I'm going to have to figure out is how to best get grannyhangers in front of the people who will want to buy it. I'm thinking the Internet is the best place.


Forty was definitely enough. I now have thirty-seven grannyhangers and I guess the best next step in selling them will be photographing them and putting them on the website. Which means I need to figure out a payment method...


Lots to do!








If you're interested in the folk-art dolls, which are lovely, check them out at http://muchadowithnothing.blogspot.com. Each is hand-crafted and unique. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Janis...40 is enough! LOL
    But we had wine, and cheese, and met some nice people. Networking baby, Network.

    ReplyDelete